Why do it
People on lower incomes, those travelling abroad, or those on very slow connections use Opera Mini. It saves them time and money because it compresses web pages, blocks ads by default, and doesn’t support web fonts.
What to do
- Install Opera Mini on your phone:
Things to check
- Are icons still visible or have they become weird error characters?
- Does your site still look okay? Or does it rely on things that Opera Mini doesn’t support?
Things you could change
- Use fewer web fonts. Some users just don’t see them.
- Use images (maybe SVGs) for icons, instead of a web font.
- Use simpler components where possible.