Why do it
People with impaired vision struggle to read small text and low contrast colours.
What to do
- Start Blurry Bianca in the Funkify extension.
- Set “Intensity of simulation” to about 2 out of 10.
Things to check
- How does your site look?
- Can you still read your menus, calls to action and text?
Things you could change
- Use a bigger base
100%is a good minimum.
- Use text that users can adjust (e.g. let users change text size and colour). Don’t have lots of text embedded inside images: rather use text with the image as a background.
- Make sure text has good foreground/background contrast. See the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 on colour contrast. A ratio of 4.5:1 gives you WCAG AA compliance (“you’re doing great for Web Content Accessibility”) and 7:1 for WCAG AAA compliance (“you’re doing amazing for Web Content Accessibility!”)